Lemon verbena is a potent herb, with a sharp, citrusy note. You can make a soothing herbal tea with it, or in this case, infuse it in a savory chicken recipe.
Chicken Breast With Lemon Verbena
- olive oil
- 1.5 lb chicken breast
- Handful of king trumpet mushrooms
- 1/2, sliced onion
- 2 roughly chopped garlic cloves
- 8 lemon verbena leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- Sear the chicken strips in a braising dish with some olive oil for 1 minute over medium high, then add the onions and garlic.
- After 2 minutes add the mushrooms and lemon verbena, toss together for a second then deglaze the pan with white wine. Once the wine has reduced down add the chicken or veggie stock, turn down to a simmer and cook until the mushrooms are tender. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice if you like.
/Narrative Food http://blog.narrativefood.com/