Egg and Veggie Love Fest
- Turnips - A bunch
- Beets (opt) - Up to a Bunch
- Carrots (opt) - Up to a Bunch
- Eggs - 1-2 per person
- Quinoa - 1 cup
- Coconut Milk (opt) - 1 cup
- Bread - enough for everyone
- Apricot Honey Goat Cheese - enough to spread
- Radish - Up to a Bunch
- Parsley - A handful
- Vegan Bouillon Cube - one
- Spring Peas Shelled, Snap Peas, cut into 1 inch pieces, Or Pea tendrils cut coarsely - Your bag
- Jules' favorite quinoa dish!
Roasting your veggies
- Pour olive oil in roasting dish.
- Beets: cut in 1/2 with flesh side down and skin side up
- Carrots: place in pan, with tops chopped off.
- Baby turnips: just cut off leaves and throw in dish
- Massage with love & kosher coarse salt
- Place in the oven at 350 til fork tender. About 30 minutes.
- Add butter or olive oil to a sauce pan or rice cooker, 1 vegan bullion (repuinzel), let that sit in for a bit mixing those things around, then add 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 cup of water or 2 cups water.
- Let it all come to a boil, then simmer with top on for about 15 minutes or more depending on what you are using.
- I love adding shelled peas, wild blueberry currants, cooked garbanzo beans or anything that strikes your fancy!
- 3 minute egg: boil water in a small sauce pan, place egg in with a wood spoon or ladel as to not break the shell on pot, it's also great if your eggs are out of fridge for a bit too, either way, place them in boiling water and put timer on for 3 minutes. When it rings, take eggs out and crack in half with side of spoon, scoop out into a bowl of roasted veggies, quinoa and goat cheese or whatever is inspiring you.. it's a great way to get your veggies & protein together in a beauty love fest!
/Narrative Food http://blog.narrativefood.com/