Fava Bean Crostini
- fava beans, your portion, prepared
- 2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- sliced and toasted fresh baguette
- mint and basil, chopped finely
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh pecorino or other hard cheese, shaved
- In a bowl, toss prepared fava beans with olive oil, garlic and lemon juice.
- Sauté in a medium sized skillet for 3-4 minutes.
- Now you can either mash the mixture into a paste or pulse in a food processor. Once done, set aside.
- In the same pan, heat butter, and caramelize the onions over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel and let dry.
- Take toasted bread and being to assemble crostini.
- First, spread with fava bean puree, top beans with caramelized onions, sprinkle with mint & basil, season with a little salt and pepper, and finally, shave some cheese on top.
- A delicious way to celebrate the flavor of these beautiful beans!
/Narrative Food http://blog.narrativefood.com/