Cheesy Farro Cakes with Blistered Almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil- divided
- 1 cup farro
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 2 TBS rosemary, minced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 TBS dried cranberries, dried cherries, or raisins (opt)
- 2 TBS Fat Uncle Blistered Almonds, chopped
- 2/3 cup cheese, grated
- salt and black pepper to taste (use plenty)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat half of the oil in a heavy pot. Add the farro and stir over medium heat until they just start to sizzle. Stir in the onion and rosemary and cook another minute. Add the water, turn down the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and farro is tender.
- Put the farro into a bowl and stir in the dried fruit (opt.), almonds, cheese, salt, and black pepper. Wet your hands and form the farro mixture into patties about 3 inches in diameter. Fry the patties in the remaining oil for 3 minutes per side, on medium high heat- this will ensure they don't stick. If they want to stick, increase the heat and cook another minute and they should release.
- Serve piping hot. Yum, yum!
- Not Included in the Box: Olive oil, dried fruit, salt, black pepper
Narrative Food Blog http://blog.narrativefood.com/