Steak with Chimichurri & Tomato Onion Salad
Argentinian inspired steak dinner with chimichurri sauce and tomato onion salad
- Top Sirloin Steak
- FOR THE CHIMICHURRI
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (2 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- FOR THE TOMATO SALAD
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1/2 Sweet, Yellow or Red onion
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, vinegar, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper.
- Process until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl and pour the olive oil over the mixture. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Season the steak with salt & pepper and grill the steak to your liking.
- When the steak is off the grill and resting, prepare the tomato salad.
- Cut the onion in thin slices and place in a medium bowl. Cut the tomatoes in slices as well and add to the onions.
- Put the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, and salt, in a small bowl and whisk together. Pour over the tomatoes and onions, and stir together in a circular motion so all the veggies get covered with the dressing.
- Serve right away.
/Narrative Food http://blog.narrativefood.com/