Picnic Chicken with Grilled Yellow Peach, Basil, & Avocado
- 1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 onion, finely minced
- 3-4 sprigs of mixed herbs like parsley, thyme, rosemary
- 2-3 yellow peaches, sliced in half and pitted
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 3 spring onions, sliced into rings
- 3-4 leaves of basil, cut into strips
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375' degrees Fahrenheit. Cut a slice through the middle of each chicken breast, lengthwise, and stuff chicken breast with onions, garlic, and herbs. Rub olive oil over and season generously with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan.
- When the oven is heated roast the chicken until cooked through.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and allow to cool. Once it's cool, place the whole thing, chicken, onions, juices and all into a air tight bag and refrigerate until it's picnic time!!
- Toss the peaches in a little olive oil with salt and pepper, and grill. (If you don't have a grill, a grill pan or a hot stainless pan will work fine.) Set aside to cool. Once the peaches have cooled through, dice, and mix with avocado, and basil. Season with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Narrative Food Blog http://blog.narrativefood.com/