- 1 head broccoli
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Good pinch of fine sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 425 F. Use two baking sheets for two heads of broccoli if you're doubling the recipe.
- Rinse the broccoli and pat it dry.
- Trim the woody ends off the broccoli stems and peel any tough skin, but keep as much as as much of the stems intact as possible. Cut the broccoli into batons -- a 1/2-inch-thick slice of stem with one or two florets attached.
- Place the broccoli and garlic in a large bowl and toss with the oil, salt, pepper to taste, and crushed red pepper. Arrange the broccoli in an even layer on the preheated baking sheet. Make sure it doesn't overlap.
- Roast the broccoli for about 20 minutes. Transfer everything to a big bowl and season with lemon zest, lemon juice, and cheese and toss to combine. Spread breadcrumbs on it in a single layer and return to oven and toast for about 5 minutes, until golden.
/Narrative Food http://blog.narrativefood.com/