Simple Grilled Potatoes
- Potatoes, your portion
- Kosher salt
- 2-3 medium cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, or fresh herbs of your choice
- 1 whole lemon
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Season generously with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender but not falling apart, about 5 minutes. Drain potatoes transfer to a rimmed baking sheet to allow excess moisture to evaporate.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, split each one in half lengthwise and transfer to a large bowl. Add the garlic, olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss roughly until potatoes are well-coated in mixture and their surfaces are a little roughed up.
- Set half the burners on a gas grill to the medium-high heat setting, cover, and preheat for 10 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate so the potatoes don't stick.
- Place potatoes cut-side-down over direct heat and cook, turning occasionally, until well-browned and crisp on both sides, 5 to 8 minutes total. Transfer potatoes back to the bowl they were in before as they finish cooking.
- Split lemon in half and place cut-side-down directly over heat. Grill until well browned, about 5 minutes. Squeeze grilled lemons into bowl with potatoes. Toss potatoes to thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with chopped scallions or fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
Narrative Food Blog http://blog.narrativefood.com/