- 4 Russet potatoes- peeled and grated
- 2 onions- peeled and grated
- 4 eggs- beaten
- 1/2 cup of matzoh meal, cracker crumbs, or breadcrumbs
- 1 TBS kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 TBS grapeseed oil
- 1- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. After you grate your onions and potatoes and cry a little over the onions, squeeze out as much water as you can, and discard it. Place a heavy glass baking pan, 9x9 inches, into the oven to heat up while you finish the batter.
- 2- Mix the onions and potatoes with the eggs, matzoh meal, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and pepper. Take the pan out of the oven and pour the oil into the pan. Carefully tilt the pan all around to spread the oil. Quickly pour in the potato batter, it should sizzle.
- 3- Right away put the kugel in the oven and bake 40-55 minutes, until crispy. Allow to sit for 20 minutes before cutting the kugel into squares.
- Not Included in the Box: Matzoh meal, kosher salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, grapeseed oil
/Narrative Food http://blog.narrativefood.com/