Watermelon & Tomato Salad
- 3-4 large tomatoes, ideally heirloom varieties, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (you may not use it all)
- 1 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup feta or other crumbled cheese (optional)
- Combine the cubed tomatoes and watermelon in a large, nonreactive bowl and toss gently to combine. Add the 1/2 tsp of salt and let stand 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare the dressing.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cheese, if using, to the tomatoes and watermelon, then the dressing, and toss gently to combine.
/Narrative Food http://blog.narrativefood.com/