This recipe come from Ayda Robana of Om Sweet Mama. A Kielbasa is a type of sausage from Central or Eastern Europe. The word itself, means sausage in Polish. Ayda’s Kielbasa is seared in honey and eaten alongside braised red cabbage with apple.Print
- 1 package Sausage
- 2 x 12 oz. bottles of your favorite dark beer
- Dried bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves Garlic
- 1 chopped Shallot (opt., sub with some onion)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Red cabbage
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Apple
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Cut the sausages in half, and drop in the boiling liquid. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Strain the kielbasa, discarding the poaching liquid.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat up olive oil. Coat the kielbasa with the honey and pan sear until nice and golden brown.
- Delish! You can serve this with roasted red potatoes and braised red cabbage.
- Halve the cabbage and then thinly slice. Thinly slice red onion and apple.
- In a heavy stock pot, heat up olive oil and toss in the red onion and sauté for a few minutes until softened. Add the apple and cook together for a few more minutes. Add red cabbage, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and allow it to cook down on medium heat for 20 minutes.