A Letter From Our Founder
2020 means Narrative Food is turning 10 years old! For a decade now, we have delivered boxes of food 51 weeks a year– through mudslides, fires, torrential rain, and drought. But we have also enjoyed so many joyful moments, like when Margaret Greenwood knocks on the door with an armful of jams she made from Nikiko Masumoto’s peaches or Joan Leclerc drops off bags of Earthbean coffee for our recent Original Innovators boxes.
Yes, sometimes it can feel heroic getting our boxes to your doorstep, but the fact we have made it for 10 years now is entirely thanks to you, our wonderful customers. We are so grateful to you for supporting amazingly delicious food that also nourishes and regenerates our soil, community, and health.
As Narrative Food moves into its second decade, we are creating our next 10-year plan. Exploring how to grow the impact of our network of like-minded growers, makers, customers, and stories. To this end our goal is to thrive, not just survive, as a B Corp certified, woman-owned business – and, most importantly, to further enrich the experience we provide for our community around food. Yes, we have a vision.
In 2019, I became a founding signatory of We The Change, a collaborative declaration written by women CEOs of Certified B Corporations. We The Change believes that to create a new economy in service to all requires a new way of leading, where women are setting a table that’s radically inclusive and richly regenerative. We are committed to achieving strict targets of net zero impact and equity and inclusion for women – especially for women of color, marginalized communities and others whose narratives and voices have historically been underrepresented.
But to increase our impact, to support my leadership so I can fully empower my team to implement the vision of Narrative Food, we need to grow to an appropriate scale. We want to achieve this growth with the support of our stakeholders, as partners and investors.
This winter we launched a WeFunder campaign inviting customers and supporters, like you, to become partners — by investing in Narrative Food and owning a piece of the company. We consciously chose WeFunder because investors become shareholders, and the $100 minimum to invest opens this to all of our stakeholders. WeFunder is neither charity nor crowdsourcing but, rather, an investment tool that unites us all as owners with a shared vision. I invite you to support our growth. Please join us as an owner in Narrative Food and empower us to succeed.
As ever, if you believe in what we’re building here, please share our WeFunder with friends and family. With just 30 days to go, together, we can do this! Your continued support makes all the difference.
Jennifer Field Piette
Our Upcoming Narrative Provisions Box
Order Deadline: Noon, Tuesday, March 3rd
ORDER YOUR PROVISIONS BOX — DELIVERY 3/8
ABOUT THIS BOX
The mastermind behind our upcoming box is chef Julia Crookston, a career culinarian with over 30 years of experience cooking and teaching all over California. Julia has created this meal plan for us with recipes to feature our local ingredients. Simple but delicious.
We’re very excited to bring you spring green garlic, snap peas, artichokes and asparagus, goat cheese, and a few more surprises we have up our sleeve too. Stay tuned!
- Roast Chicken with Marmalade Glaze
- Beef Meatballs with Tomato, Garlic & Mint and Artichokes
- Chicken Thighs Diavolo with Smashed Potatoes
- Vegetarian Cranberry Bean Chili with Tangerine-Spiked Salad
- Spanish Tortilla
- Stuffed Artichokes with Leeks and Herbs
- Vietnamese Veggie Lettuce Cups
- Baked Eggs with Chard
- Large Omnivore Narrative Provisions Boxes for the Roast Chicken, Beef Meatballs, Chicken Diavolo, Vegetarian Chili, and Spanish Tortilla plus additional staples and fruit
- Large Vegetarian Narrative Provisions Boxes for the Cranberry Bean Chili, Spanish Tortilla, Stuffed Artichokes, Vietnamese Lettuce Cups, and the Baked Eggs with Chard, plus additional staples and fruit
- Small Omnivore Narrative Provisions Boxes for the Cranberry Bean Chili with Ground Beef and the Spanish Tortilla
- Small Vegetarian Narrative Provisions Boxes for the Cranberry Bean Chili and the Spanish Tortilla