- Your portion of fresh beans, shelled
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup winter squash or carrots, diced
- 5 leaves of cabbage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small chunk of parmesan cheese with the rind (optional)
- 1 cup small dried pasta such as orzo or ditalini (optional)
- 1- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes or until they start to soften. Add the tomatoes, winter squash or carrots, cabbage, rosemary sprig, and the shelled beans. Add enough water to cover the ingredients by 3-4 inches. Add the chunk of parmesan with the rind, if you’re using it. Simmer the soup for 30-45 minutes, or until beans are tender and the flavors are melded.
- 2- Season the soup with salt and black pepper to taste. Remove the parmesan rind and the rosemary sprig. In a separate pot cook the pasta in 4 cups of boiling water for 6-8 minutes or until tender, then drain and salt the pasta. Add the pasta to the soup just before serving. Ladle the soup into bowls, and garnish the bowls of soup with additional black pepper and a few drops of olive oil.
- Not Included in the Box: Olive oil, salt, black pepper, parmesan cheese (optional), small dried pasta (optional)