The great thing about making your own burger patties is that you get to season them any way you want. We used Watkins ground beef and mixed it with minced garlic, onions, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce for a flavor-filled patty. Then, we topped the burger with avocado, grilled onion, and some of our favorite ketchup from Scratch Ventura.
Avocado Burger with Grilled Onions and Pasillas, and Corn on the Cob
Summer grilling at its finest.
- Ground Beef – 1 lb.
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
- Onion – 1/4, diced
- Avocado – to taste
- Corn on the Cob – 1 ear per person
- Soy Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Hamburger Buns
- Fresh Pasilla peppers
- Place the ground beef in a bowl and add 2 cloves of chopped garlic and a quarter of an onion, diced. Mix well. Next add 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire, and season with salt and pepper. Mix it all up in the bowl and form your patties.
- When the grill is hot and ready, throw the burgers on and cook them to your heart’s delight. While the burgers are cooking, carefully slice an onion into rings. Place the rings on the grill to cook. The onions can cook in a cooler spot on the grill or can be left raw; by the time the burgers are ready the onions will be too. Cut the pasilla peppers in half, stem and all (the stem gives each piece a nice handle to hold on to). Grill the pepper halves until they are charred all over. Slice the Avocado and serve on top of the burgers.
- For delicious corn on the cob, peel and husk the corn, then drop into boiling salted water for about 5 minutes. Remove the corn from the water and serve with butter, salt, and pepper.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Boxes: Soy Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Hamburger Buns