- 2/3 cup bread crumbs (optional)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb, roughly chopped baby broccoli
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or other melty cheese)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and 2 Tbs. of olive oil. Spread the crumbs out on a small baking sheet. Bake, stirring once halfway through, until the crumbs are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the baby broccoli and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the 3/4 tsp. salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Warm 2 Tbs. of olive oil in a frittata pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring constantly, until the shallot is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the baby broccoli, garlic and red pepper flakes, and season with salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan and add a large spoonful of the broccoli mixture to each cup. Sprinkle liberally with cheese, and top with some of the egg mixture. Only fill cups 2/3 -3/4 of the way full, since the eggs will puff while they cook. Sprinkle more of the cheese on top, and then sprinkle with some of the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the frittatas are puffed, lightly browned, and no longer jiggle in the center.
- Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tins and serving. Serve alongside a salad or some roasted potatoes.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Boxes: Bread Crumbs (optional), Olive OIl, Salt & Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes.
- Serving Size: 6