Baby Potato Salad
- 2 lb baby Yukon Gold or red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover by 2"; season generously with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer gently until potatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain and let potatoes cool slightly. Peel, if desired.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolk and vinegar in a large bowl; season with salt. Whisking constantly, gradually add oil, drop by drop at first, and whisk until mayonnaise is thick and creamy. Whisk in mustard. (Alternatively, you can use about 1/2 cup store bought mayonnaise).
- Add warm potatoes to bowl with mayonnaise and toss to coat; season with salt. Fold in chives just before serving.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: White Wine Vinegar, Vegetable Oil, Spicy Brown Mustard
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/