Bean Salad with Lemon, Herbs, & Grilled Radicchio
- 2 cups fresh cooked shell beans (such as cannellini or cranberry) or one 14 oz can of white beans
- 6 oz green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, with tender stems
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut the green beans into 1" pieces. Bring a pot of water to a boil, and season with salt. Add the green beans and cook briefly, until they're crisp-tender. Remove from the water and cool immediately (in an ice bath, or in cold running water).
- Toss the shell beans, green beans, parsley, oil, chives, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pepper flakes in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or a grill pan over medium high heat. Cut the radicchio in half or quarters, through the core so it stays in one piece. Brush the cut sides with olive oil, and grill until slightly charred and wilted. Remove from heat and squeeze a lemon over the top, if desired.
- Assemble the salad either in one large bowl or give each person a wedge of raddichio and spoon the bean salad around it.
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/