- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup corn — or baby corn chopped into a bite-size pieces
- ⅛ plus ¼ teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 18 plus ¼ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 avocados
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (60g) seeded and small diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- Tortilla shells
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pack of ground beef
- Preheat the oven to 350F. While the oven is preheating, put the butter on a small-size baking tray and place in the oven for 2 to 4 minutes to melt.
- Once the butter is melted, remove the tray and place the corn on it. Sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon of the sea salt and ⅛ teaspoon of the pepper and toss with a spatula to combine. Roast for 25 minutes (less if using baby corn), tossing once halfway through, until the corn is browned. Meanwhile, saute your pack of ground beef. When cooked, set aside the corn to cool while prepping the remaining ingredients.
- Peel and dice the avocados and combine in a small-size bowl with the lemon juice. Mash with a fork or potato masher, leaving the mixture slightly chunky. Add the tomatoes, red onion, garlic, remaining ¼ teaspoon sea salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Toss with a fork to combine, then fold in the roasted and cooled corn. Serve immediately with tortilla shells and a layer of ground beef.