- 1 lb. cubed beef
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, leaves and stems
- 3/4 cups fresh mint, leaves and stems
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 – 2 jalapeños seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- Combine all the ingredients except the beef in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings – adding more jalapeno if a spicier marinade is desired.
- Place the beef in a large ziploc bag and pour enough marinade over to completely coat the meat – refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- You may have extra marinade. Refrigerate and use within a day.
- Soak a few wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Thread each skewer with 6 to 7 chunks of beef until all the beef is used.
- Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Add the beef and cook, turning occasionally, until the beef is cooked to your liking – about 7 – 8 minutes total.
- Serve beef kebabs with the reserved marinade.