- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1.5 cups bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1–2 carrots, grated or chopped
- 1–2 cloves of garlic or 1–2 tsp garlic scapes, finely minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup (or more, to taste)
- 1 tbsp ginger (opt)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (opt)
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce (opt)
- 2–3 tbsp finely chopped herbs of your choice (parsley, chives, oregano, rosemary etc.)
- For one pound of ground beef use 1.5 cups of bread-crumbs and 2 eggs. This will give you the right ratio to build on and create your own flavors. I like to add chopped or grated onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, soy sauce, worchester sauce, dry or fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Every mom has her favorites…
- Mix all this in a bowl and push into a pyrex dish, or any high-walled baking dish. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and cook for 45 minutes at 375′. Take meat loaf from the oven and remove lid. Pour and spread ketchup on top of the meat loaf and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the ketchup is bubbling.
- Potatoes are included in the box; prepare them any way you like: mashed, roasted, boiled, everything is good! You could also serve the meatloaf with a side salad, or sliced on a sandwich.
- Not Included in the Large Real Food Box: Bread Crumbs, Ketchup, Ginger (opt), Soy Sauce (opt), Worcestershire Sauce (opt)
- Serving Size: 4