- 2 eggs- beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, drained well
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 TBS all purpose flour
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3–4 TBS butter, for frying
- 4 TBS sour cream, for serving
- 2/3 cup prunes, chopped
- 3 tangerines, seeded and chopped, with the skin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1- For the blintzes, mix the batter ingredients very vigorously until smooth and let the batter sit and rest while you make the filling and start the fruit compote.
- 2- For the blintz filling, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and chill.
- 3- For the fruit compote, put all the ingredients in a small pot and simmer 30 minutes until you have a thick, sweet sauce.
- 4- Now, back to the blintzes. Get a small saute pan hot, and put 1/2 TBS of butter in it. Add 2 oz of blintz batter, using a ladle, and swirl the pan around to distribute the batter evenly in a thin circle. Cook about 3 minutes until starting to brown but still soft, flip, and cook another minute. Remove to a plate. Repeat this for all the batter, stacking the blintzes on top of each other.
- 5- To fill the blintzes, lay a pancake on a plate and add 1 1/2 TBS filling. Roll it up and repeat for all the blintzes.
- 6- Now get a large saute pan very hot and add 3 or 4 TBS butter. Place the filled blintzes in the pan, seam side down, and cook on medium high heat until sealed and brown, about 1-2 minutes. Carefully flip the blintzes and brown on the other side. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of fruit compote on top.
- Not Included in the box: milk, flour, salt, ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon stick