I don’t make beef burgers that often, but sometimes my house gets invaded by Casper’s skater buddies, and a dozen starving boys are looking for something to eat. Then it is time to whip out the burgers and throw everything possible on the grill.
What is better with them than a cheese platter with fresh fruit and a glass of wine?
- Ground beef
- Onions, caramelised or red
- Peaches or Tomatoes, sliced
- Mayonnaise, 1 cup
- Shallot, 1 Tsp, chopped
- Rosemary, 1-3 Tbs, chopped
Goat cheese & Figs
- Goat cheese log, warmed in oven for 5 minutes
- Honey, 1/4 cup
- Seasonal Fruit
- To make the patties, sprinkle the ground beef evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Gently form the meat into 4 balls, then lightly press into 4-inch-wide, 1-inch-thick patties. You can warm any cheese, such as goat or Brie, ever so slightly in a 375 degree oven. Giving it that bit of melty warm goodness really makes a difference. Then drizzle the cheese with honey or agave.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: Mayonnaise