This salad is substantial and comforting in a way that belies a base of nothing but carrots, bright and slightly sweet with a satisfying bite that’s somewhere between crunchy and chewy. The flavors are delicious without being demanding.
- Carrots, julienned or grated
- Radish, thinly sliced / shaved
- fresh parsley
- Some optional ingredients that are great added to this salad…
- Fennel, thinly sliced / shaved
- golden raisins
- toasted pistachios
- For the Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- touch of honey
- toasted cumin seeds
- toasted fennel seeds
- Grate a few carrots on the wide edge of a box grater. If you have great knife skills and the counter space for a cutting board, julienned is nice, too.
- Add some thinly sliced radishes and/or julienned fennel, if you’re feeling fancy.
- Combine the ingredients for the vinaigrette and toss with the carrot mixture.
- If you’d like, top with some golden raisins, toasted pistachios and lots of parsley.