- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets (they should be bite sized)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups red rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger, or 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, chopped (include their juice)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ pound green beans, chopped into 1 inch pieces (optional)
- handful of fresh basil, washed and roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, and toss the cauliflower in a little oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until lightly browned and tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put your red rice in a 2-quart pot that has a tight fitting lid. Add the water, bring to a boil, then add a bit of salt and the dried cranberries or raisins (if you’ve got some on hand). Turn the heat down to a simmer, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Next, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and cayenne and cook, stirring, until spices are fragrant, about another minute.
- Add tomatoes and their juices and coconut milk and sprinkle with salt and pepper; bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until tomatoes break down.
- Add green beans (optional) and roasted cauliflower to pan with tomatoes and continue to cook until green beans are crisp-tender, another 5-8 minutes. Adjust seasoning, and stir in the basil.
- When the rice is finished cooking, let it sit off the heat with the lid still on it for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve the curry with the red rice.
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Box: Peanut OIl, Ginger, Cumin, Coriander, Turmeric, Cayenne, Salt, Pepper, dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
- Not Included in Small Vegetarian Box: Peanut OIl, Ginger, Cumin, Coriander, Turmeric, Cayenne, Salt, Pepper, Green beans (optional), dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
- Serving Size: 4