Chicken and Rice
- Chicken legs or 1/2 Chicken - Patted Dry and seasoned well with salt & pepper
- Olive oil- as needed
- Root Veggies such as carrots, rutabaga, celery root (you should have enough left over from the short rib recipe)
- Onion - 1/2, chopped
- Garlic - 2, chopped
- Rice - 2 cups
- Water- 2 1/2 cups
- Pat dry the juicy chicken pieces and season well with salt and pepper. If using a 1/2 chicken, cut into 3-4 pieces.
- Chop up some veggies: carrots, your beautiful rutabaga, etc.
- Fry chicken in olive oil, skin side down. When chicken pieces are golden brown, drop a handful of onion and garlic into the pan. Careful, they may want to burn, so stir quickly.
- After a minute or two with the onion mix in the pan, add the vegetables with salt and pepper, and cover with a lid. The lid will force the vegetables to steam and release all their natural juices.
- Next, add a measured amount of rice and liquid, and cook everything in the pot together. When the rice is finished cooking, the chicken will be ready.
- Not Included in the box: Rice, salt, pepper, olive oil
- Chef Tip: finish this dish with a squeeze of lemon and some chopped fresh herbs.
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/