Chicken and Rice
Included in box
- chicken legs - patted dry
- leftover veggies - carrots, tomatoes etc...
- onion - 1/2 chopped
- garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
Not included in box
- Pat dry the juicy chicken pieces and season well with salt and pepper.
- Chop up some veg that needs using: carrots, tomato, etc.
- Fry chicken in olive oil, skin side down. When chicken pieces are golden brown drop a handful of onion and garlic into the pan. Careful, they may want to burn, so stir quickly.
- After a minute or two with the onion mix in the pan, add the load of veg with salt and pepper, and put a lid on it. The lid will force the veg to steam and release all their natural juices.
- Next, add a measured amount of rice and liquid, and cook everything in the pot together.
- When the rice is finished cooking the chicken will be ready freddy.
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/