For the sausages
- 1–2 lbs chicken sausage
- 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil
For the wedges
- -3 medium sweet potatoes (about 2lbs in total)
- -4 tbsp olive oil
- -3/4 tsp ground coriander
- -3/4 tsp fine seasalt
- -1 fresh red chile, finely diced
- -1 cup cilantro, leaves piced
- -1/2 lemongrass stalk
- -1/2 cup creme fraiche
- -grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- -1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- -1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400f. Wash potatoes but don’t peel them. Cut each lengthways in half. Cut again into quarters and then once more in the same way, so you are left in the end with eight long wedges.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and brown the sausages on all sides. Place pan in the oven to finish cooking, about 10-15 minutes.
- Then, place the sweet potatoes in a roasting pan that has been lined with parchment paper and brushed lightly with some of the olive oil. Brush the wedges with the remaining oil and sprinkle with a mixture of the ground coriander and salt. Roast for about 25 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down a little. (The wedges can be eaten warm or at room temperature.)
- To make the dipping sauce. Very finely shop the lemongrass or grind finely in a spice grinder. Whisk with all of the other ingredients for the dipping sauce and set aside.
- When ready to serve, place the wedges on a large, flat serving dish. Sprinkle with the diced chile and cilantro leaves, and serve with the sausages and the sauce on the side.
- Not included in Large Kitchen Boxes: Cooking Oil, Olive Oil, Coriander, Sea Salt, Chile
- Serving Size: 4