- Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch wide strips
- 3 Tbs EVOO, plus more for dressing
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Zucchini, cut crosswise into 1 inch-thick rounds
- Onions, peeled (*TIP – you can do this with least amount of waste by dipping onions in boiling water for 30 secs and then right into iced water, then the peel should be less)
- Wooden skewers (soak in water 30 mins) otherwise metal
- Mushrooms, trimmed
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Toss chicken with 1 Tbs oil, season with salt and pepper. Toss vegetables with remaining oil; season with salt and pepper. Skewer the chicken pieces on the skewers needed, and skewer vegetables separately, using about two skewers per vegetable.
- Place onion skewers on the grill and cook 5 minutes. Add chicken and zucchini skewers, cook, turning occasionally, 5 minutes. Add mushroom and tomato skewers; cook until chicken and vegetables are cooked through and charred in places, about 10 minutes. Dress with lemon zest and juice, oil. Skewers can be assembled and refrigerated up to 3 hours ahead; let sit at room temperature 30 minutes before grilling.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper