Chicken with Mushroom Sauce with Roasted Potatoes, Carrots & Onions
- Chicken Breast
- Mushrooms - 1 bag, sliced
- Olive Oil - a drizzle
- Cream - 1 cup
- Potatoes - 1-2 per person, in large chunks
- Carrots - 1-2 per person, in large chunks
- Onions - 1-2, chopped into wedges
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Thyme - 2-4 sprigs
- Rosemary - 2-4 sprigs
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut your chicken off the bone, and into bite-size pieces.
- Toss in salt and pepper, then saute in a pan lightly coated with olive oil.
- When the chicken has browned, set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté chopped onion until transparent, with garlic and mushrooms. When cooked, add cream and reduce the heat. Make sure you scrape the bottom of the pan so all the good stuff mixes well with the cream.
- Let cook for 15 min until cream mixture has reduced a little, then toss your chicken in and stir until heated through.
- For the Roasted Potatoes, Carrots and Onions
- Peel your vegetables, then cut them into large chunks and use your hands to toss them in olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary so everything is well coated.
- Put everything in a baking dish big enough so it all lays flat.
- Bake at 400F degrees until fork tender (about 30 minutes), stirring after 15 minutes so the veggies cook evenly.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: Olive OIl, Salt & Pepper
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/