- 1 whole duck
- Salt and Ground Pepper – to taste
- 1 jar of dark Cocoa Mole
- Preheat your oven to 325. Trim excess fat from your duck, and gently prick the surface of the breast all over with the tines of a fork. Place the duck breast side up in a deep roasting pan with a rack. Season it liberally with salt and pepper and place in the oven.
- Roast the duck for 2 hours. If desired, you can turn the duck throughout the roasting to get a more even color, but it isn’t necessary. After two hours, turn the heat up to 425 and roast for 15-30 minutes, until the skin browns. Remove the duck from the oven and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- While the duck is resting, gently heat the mole in a small saucepan.
- Carve the duck after its resting time, and place the sliced meat on each plate. Spoon the dark mole on top and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 4