This recipe comes from one of our favorite blogs, Smitten Kitchen. If you haven’t seen it before, be sure to check it out here. It has tons of recipes that could inspire you to use your box in different ways!Print
- 2 pickles, trimmed, diced tiny
- 4 large eggs
- 1 heaped teaspoon whole-grain Dijon
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot or red onion (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or full-fat plain yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley or fresh dill (to garnish, optional)
- Cook your eggs: Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with an inch of cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, and once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and set your timer for 10 minutes (for perfectly cooked through eggs), or 9 minutes (if you like them just-barely-set in the center, like mine above). Once the timer rings, drain eggs and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. To quickly chill them so you can use them right away, cover them in ice water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Make your salad: Peel your eggs and chop them, placing them in a medium bowl. Add 1 heaped tablespoon of pickles (more to taste), Dijon, shallot, mayo, salt and pepper and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve on toasted whole grain bread, garnished with fresh herbs.
- Serving Size: 3