Chicken with a tangy mustard sauce & a side of brussels sprouts and spring onions.
- Your pack of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2–1 lb brussels sprouts washed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon or whole grain mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat a grill pan or a cast iron pan over medium high heat and season the chicken well on both sides with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the hot pan and brown well on one side, turn over, and place in the oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is opaque throughout and has an internal temperature of 165F.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat a large deep skillet and, when it’s very hot, add the brussels sprouts and cook until just starting to brown, about five minutes. Add about 1 cup of water, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are cooked and tender but still slightly crisp. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the pan and add the water or stock, and the cider. Reduce to approximately 1/3 the original amount – or until a sauce-like consistency is achieved -and add the honey, mustard, salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of butter. Remove from heat, and whisk until well-combined.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce, brussels sprouts and spring onions, and a side of a grain or some bread, if desired.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Boxes: Butter (included in 3-5 size boxes), Olive Oil, Chicken Stock, Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey, Mustard