Fennel Marinated Pork & Crushed Potatoes
- Fennel tops and fronds – chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp ground fennel (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pork Steaks
For the vegetables
- Fennel bulbs – cut into wedges
- Potatoes –
- Olive Oil –
- Salt –
- Pepper –
- Salad Greens –
- Walnuts (optional) – toasted
- Start the night before by making the marinade: take all of the above marinade ingredients and mix into a paste. Rub evenly and thoroughly into the meat. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, sear the steaks in a sauté pan on both sides so that they turn a nice caramelly golden color. Remove from the pan and keep in a warm spot.
Potatoes and Fennel
- Wash your potatoes to remove any excess dirt and place in a large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and give them a toss. Pour onto a large roasting tray and roast until a knife slips easily into the middle. For the fennel, apply the same process and roast until wedges are tender and edges are caramelized. To serve, lightly mash the potatoes with a fork and drizzle with a little olive oil. Serve with the warm fennel.
- Make a simple salad by dressing your greens with a few squeezes lemon, a drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. The proper balance of lemon/oil/salt should make your mouth literally water when you eat it. Nibble a few leaves as you’re making it to check the balance. Garnish with crushed toasted walnuts if you have some.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: Ground Fennel, Salt, Pepper, Walnuts (opt)