- 2 cups black rice
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled, seeds removed, cut into pieces
- ½ cup olive oil, divided, plus 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 cup microgreens or sprouts (optional)
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, lightly chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cook black rice in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, 35–40 minutes; drain and rinse, shaking off as much water as possible. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
- Meanwhile, toss squash with ¼ cup oil on another baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 20–25 minutes. After removing from the oven, drizzle pomegranate molasses over squash and toss lightly to coat. In a different pan, toss grapes with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp sugar, and 1/2 tsp salt. Roast alongside squash for about 10 minutes, or until wrinkled.
- Whisk vinegar, honey, dijon, and remaining ¼ cup oil in a large bowl. Add black rice, squash, grapes, microgreens (if using), and walnuts; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Most chopped herbs work well in this salad: mint, cilantro, parsley, or even basil would all be good.
- Serving Size: 4