By Erik Stenberg
This was a standard employee meal at lunch when I worked at Mama’s Fish House on Maui. We would feed 150 employees everyday. It’s fast and easy and the combination of soy and honey makes it a favorite for the whole family. If you don’t have any hoisin or oyster sauce don’t worry. It won’t change the structure of the dish.Print
- 1 lb beef stir fry
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1/2 lb snap peas
- 2 spring onions, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp hoisin or oyster sauce (optional)
- Cut your beef into strips and sauté separately in a pan, set aside when cooked.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, and ginger in a stir fry pan for 2 minutes. Add the Snap Peas, Pea Tendrils (opt), cooked beef, and grated carrots (opt) and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Mix together the soy sauce, honey, and hoisin or oyster sauce. Add the mixture to the stir fry and continue cooking for another minute.
- Garnish and serve with green onions.
- Reduce the honey to 1/8 of a cup if you prefer a less sweet taste.