- 1–2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- Salt and pepper
- Half & half, whole milk, plain almond milk or soy milk – 1/4-1/2 cup, or to desired consistency
- Peel and cut the potatoes in quarters. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, add the salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to maintain a low boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- Heat the half & half (or whatever dairy or non-dairy you chose) in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
- Mash and add the cream mixture.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Let stand for 5 minutes so that the mixture thickens and then serve.
- Using your piping bag or a zip lock, in an upward motion, pipe mashed potatoes onto a plate. Add 2 black sesame seeds for eyes and for an extra effect top with ketchup!
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Box: Salt & Pepper, Milk