Grilled Lamb Skewers with Carrots, Mint, & Garlic Creme Fraiche, Boiled Potatoes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tbs chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb kabob lamb, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1-2 bunches baby carrots trimmed, peeled
- Salt and pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely torn fresh mint leaves
- Creme Fraiche
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled, minced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Special Need: 16 Skewers
- Whisk all the ingredients (wine, oil, garlic, salt, mustard, thyme, red and black pepper) except the lamb in a medium bowl to blend well. Add lamb to bowl and toss to coat. Cover and chill, tossing occasionally, ideally for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Whisk first 6 ingredients (oil, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, paprika, cinnamon) in a medium bowl to blend. Set marinade aside.
- Cut any carrots longer than 3" in half lengthwise on a diagonal. Cook carrots in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Drain. Transfer carrots to a large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry.
- Add carrots to marinade; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cover and chill for ideally 4 hours or overnight.
- Boil potatoes in a pot of salted water until soft to a fork. Drain and let cool in a bowl with melting butter, dash of olive oil, and salt and pepper
- Arrange carrots on a large platter, set aside. Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Thread lamb into skewers. Grill lamb, turning every 1-2 minutes, until lamb is cooked to desired doneness, 7-8 minutes for medium rare to medium. Lay skewers over carrots and let lamb rest for 5 minutes.
- Fry minced garlic in olive oil for half a minute, then mix in a bowl with creme fraiche
- Then toss mint, garlic creme fraiche, lemon juice, and oil together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon mint creme fraiche mixture over lamb and carrots.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Boxes: Dry White Wine, Sugar, Mustard, Red Pepper Flakes, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Coriander, Ground Cumin, Paprika, Cinnamon, Butter (included in 3-5 boxes), Skewers
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/