Ratatouille screams summertime! It’s a classic, and there is good reason why that is. It has been prepared for years and there are a hundred different takes on it, but all in all it is a celebration of the summer harvest in a pan.Print
- 1 pack grilled sausage
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 diced, 8-ball squash
- 1/2 diced onions
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp chili flakes (opt)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (opt)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp parsley
- In a dry sauté pan with no oil, toast the fennel seeds.
- Once the seeds have browned, add some olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic and chili flakes together for 2 minutes with the fennel seeds.
- Add the eggplant and 8 ball squash and continue sautéing.
- After 3 minutes, add the cherry tomatoes and tomato paste, turn the heat down to a simmer and let it all cook together for about 20 minutes. The tomatoes will break down creating a sauce for the veggies to cook in.
- Grill the sausages on the BBQ. To make sure the sausages are cooked through, you can boil them for 10 minutes before grilling them.