- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, hazelnuts, or pine nuts (optional)
- 4–5 small zucchini
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 3 oz parmesan or other hard cheese (optional)
- Chop the nuts lightly, if using.
- Place a ridged griddle pan on a high heat and leave it there until it’s almost red-hot- at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the ends of the zucchini and cut them on an angle into 3/8 inch thick slices. Place them in a bowl and toss with half the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Place the slices in the hot grill pan and char-grill for about 2 minutes on each side; turn them over using tongs. You want to get distinct char marks without cooking the zucchini through. Transfer to a mixing bowl, pour over the balsamic vinegar, toss together and set aside.
- Once the zucchini have cooled down, add the remaining olive oil, the basil, and hazelnuts. Mix lightly, then taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly. Transfer the salad to a flat plate, incorporating the Parmesan, if using.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Boxes: Optional Nuts, Olive OIl, Salt & Pepper, Balsamic Vinegar, Parmesan
- Serving Size: 4