Ground Beef Kebabs, Citrus Brown Rice, Market Rapini
- Ground Beef -
- 2-3 shallots finely diced
- Garlic - 1-2 cloves, Chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, grated
- Ground Cumin - 1 TBS
- Orange & Lemon Zest - 2 tsp
- Ground Coriander - 1 tsp
- Ground Allspice - 1 tsp
- Walnuts (opt) - 1 cup, toasted & Ground
- Egg - 1, lightly beaten
- Flat-leaf Parsley - 1 Cup, chopped
- Fresh Mint - small handful, chopped
- Fresh Cilantro - small handful, chopped
- Citrus Scented Rice
- Brown Rice - 1 cup
- Citrus Zest - to taste
- Flat-leaf Parsley - a handful, Chopped
- Rapini - 1 bunch
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
Citrus scented brown rice
- Get going first on the brown rice: Rinse rice and drain. Combine 2 parts water with one part rice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and cover. Cook approximately 45 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Let stand for a few minutes, then fluff with fork and serve Before serving, stir in some citrus zest (from about one fruit), a small pat of butter and a little fresh parsley.
- Mix the beef up with the shallot, ginger, garlic, walnuts and egg. Add in the dry spices and the fresh herbs. Salt, pepper well. Note: starting with whole spices & grinding them yourself will improve the taste of your meal 1000-fold.
- Form the meat into small logs, either skewered or not. Squeeze the meat in your hands a little to help it stay together. Cook on a hot grill (indoor or outdoor) for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
Rapini or chopped broccoli
- Soften garlic in a little butter and/or olive oil. Add Rapini/broccoli and saute for a few minutes. Add 1⁄4 cup of water and cover the pan. Let the veggies steam for about 4 minutes, drain (if needed), squeeze a lemon over the top, season with salt and serve.
- Not Included in The Box: cumin, coriander, allspice, butter, olive oil
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/