- Vegetable Oil – 6 TB
- Tortillas – 4
- Tomatoes – 2-3
- Onion – 1/2 cup, coarsely chopped
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup
- Jalapeno Chiles – 1 TB, chopped (or to taste)
- Garlic – 2 cloves, coarsely chopped
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Eggs – 8, large
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Heat 1 TBS of oil in a heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Stack 2 tortillas in skillet and cook for 30 seconds, then flip stack over with tongs and cook 30 seconds more. While second tortilla cooks on bottom, turn top tortilla over tongs, keeping tortillas stacked. Flip stack again and cook in same manner, turning over top tortilla and flipping stack again so that both tortillas are softened and both sides puff slightly, then deflate (do not let them become brown or crisp). Wrap tortillas loosely in foil and keep warm in oven.
- Puree tomatoes with their juice, onion, cilantro, garlic, and salt in blender until very smooth. Carefully add mixture to hot skillet (it may spatter) and simmer, stirring occasionally, until salsa is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 TBS of oil in heavy nonstick pan over moderately high heat but not smoking. Crack 4 eggs into skillet and cook 3 – 4 minutes for runny yolks, or to desired doneness. Transfer to a plate and keep warm, covered, then cook remaining 4 eggs in the same manner. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1⁄4 cup of salsa onto each plate and top with 2 tortillas. Transfer 2 eggs to tortillas on each plate and top with some remaining salsa. Sprinkle on cilantro.
- Not included in the Real Food Box: Vegetable Oil, salt