- Sugar – Equal parts with Soy
- Soy – Equal parts with Sugar
- Garlic – 1 clove, chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch, chopped
- Lemon Grass – a stalk (opt)
- Chili – to taste (opt)
- Sirloin Steak – Cut into Strips
- Greens – stems trimmed, to stir-fry
- Brown Rice – 1 cup for 4 servings
- Sake or Wine – a splash
- First, thaw your grassfed sirloin ahead of time so the meat is room temperature when you begin.
- Get going first on the brown rice: Rinse rice and drain. Combine 2 parts water with one part rice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and cover. Cook approximately 45 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Let stand for a few minutes, then fluff with fork and serve.
- My absolute favorite marinade: Equal parts sugar (agave, maple syrup, stevia) and soy (tamari, Braggs) and then a little ginger, onion, garlic, and lemon grass, if you have some. If you like it spicy, a chopped fresh chili pepper (or two) is nice. Slice the meat into portion-size strips and marinate for 30-45 minutes, either in a roasting pan or a ziplock bag.
- Grill the steak meat in a very hot pan or outside on a barbecue, about 3-5 minutes each side. Sweet and delicious!
- For the greens: caramelize an onion in olive oil with garlic. Add in the de-stemmed kale and put a lid on it, let it steam and wilt. Add sake or wine for some steam effect and finish with a splash of soy sauce. If your box didn’t have kale, substitute with a side salad.
- Serve the steak with stir-fried greens or salad and rice.
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Boxes: Sugar, Soy Sauce, Chili, Brown Rice, Sake or Wine