- 1 pound Korean style beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup mirin ( rice wine)
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and finely grated
- 1 pear, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped cilantro, to finish
- Sprinkle brown sugar over beef and mix well to evenly coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes while preparing marinade. In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Transfer beef into a large sealable freezer bag). Add marinade, press out excess air from bag, and seal. Turn bag over several times to ensure beef is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat, and add a few tablespoons of cooking oil. Drain excess marinade off beef. Cook short ribs, turning once, to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. If your short ribs are on the thick side, like a 1/2″ or more, cook longer. You may need to add some water the pan to help them along. Garnish with cilantro.
- This is great served over rice, if you have some on hand.
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Box: Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, Mirin, Sesame Oil, Black Pepper
- Serving Size: 4