This is a quick and on-the-go chicken dish using the bounty of fall pomegranates, from Surfin’ Chef, Erik Stenberg.
- Chicken Breast – sliced thin
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 1 or 2 lemons worth
- Wine, beer, or any alcohol – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1/2 cup, diced
- Garlic – 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Pomegranate juice – 1/4 cup
- Sweet potatoes – Cubed
- Butter (optional) – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – pinch
- Herbs – finely chopped
- Cut your chicken breast into strips and roll in cracked black pepper. For the cracked pepper, you can use a pepper grinder or use the bottom of a sauce pan to rough-crack the black pepper. Roll the chicken pieces in the cracked black pepper, and season with salt.
- Saute chicken on medium high heat in olive oil. Once it is half-cooked, add chopped onions and garlic. Put a lid on the pan to cook and steam. After about 3-4 minutes, the pan will be really hot again and everything will be cooking fast. Add a 1/4 cup of white wine, beer, another type of alcohol, or alternatively verjus. Reduce down to a syrup and then squeeze lemon juice and pomegranate juice into the pan of chicken and veggies. Let the juices cook down into a nice sauce reduction. You can add some butter to the sauce to smooth it out a bit.
- To roast the sweet potatoes, preheat the oven to 375. Wash and chop your sweet potatoes into cubes and toss with olive oil, salt, and whatever herbs you like. Spread on a roasting pan and roast until fork-tender, about 40 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with herb roasted sweet potatoes and a fresh green salad with avocado… slice of heaven.
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Boxes: Wine, Beer, or any alcohol, Butter (included in 3-5), Olive Oil, Salt