This light, tangy salad is the perfect accompaniment to the Tuscan Cassoulet with Parmesan. The combination is an easy, healthy meal during a busy week. At the restaurant, they use Champagne in the salad dressing. We’ve simplified it with white wine vinegar, but if you’ve got a bottle of the bubbly open, feel free to substitute.
- Olive Oil – 3/4 cup
- White Wine Vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Grated Orange Peel – 2 teaspoons
- Fresh Orange Juice – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Red Onion – 1/2 onion, very thinly sliced
- Leopard lettuce – 1 head, leaves coarsely torn
- Toasted Walnuts – 1 cup
- Oranges – 2 large oranges, peel and pith removed, sliced thinly in rounds
- Salt and pepper to taste –
- Whisk oil, vinegar, orange peel, and juice in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add onion; marinate 30 minutes, stirring often. Divide lettuce among 4 plates. Top with orange slices and crushed walnuts that you previously toasted for 2 minutes over a low flame. Ladle dressing with onion over the salad.
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Box: Olive OIl, Vinegar, Salt & Pepper