- 1 bunch of asparagus, tender tops only
- ½ cup peas
- a few handfuls of salad greens
- a few sliced radishes
- clover sprouts
- handful of chopped, toasted pistachios
- cucumber, sliced thinly
- handful of herbs: mint
- Chop your asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Blanch the asparagus and the peas for about 45 seconds in a pot of boiling, salted water. Remove the asparagus immediately and transfer to a bowl of ice water. You can remove the peas at the same time, if they are to taste. Let cool, then drain.
- In a large bowl toss together the asparagus, peas, salad greens, clover sprouts, radishes, sliced cucumber, and avocado. Add as much dressing (a lemon and oil dressing would do well here) as you like and toss again. Add pistachios and mint. Taste and adjust seasonings. Transfer the salad to a platter and serve.
- This salad can be made up to a day in advance, just leave out the salad greens until you’re ready to serve.