Inspired by the Sezchuan cuisine of Chengdu Taste in LA
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1lb green onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 to 8 fresh long green chili peppers, cut into small circles (depending on how spicy you want it to be)
- 1 middle size red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt or as needed
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Freshly steamed rice for serving
- Mix ground beef with the marinating ingredients (green onions, ginger, salt, sesame oil) well in a large bowl. Set aside to rest for around 15 minutes.
- Prepare all the other side ingredients during this process.
- Heat up around 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a deep pan or wok; add ground beef to fry until browned, breaking the beef up during the process. Transfer out and leave the oil.
- Add garlic, red onion to fry until they release their flavours and the scent fills the air. Add red peppers and green peppers to fry for around 1 or 2 minutes. Longer cooking time can reduce the spiciness of the final dish.
- Return ground beef to the pan. Add soy sauce, salt and vinegar. Fry for around 1 or 2 minutes.
- To serve, pour the ground chili beef on your freshly steamed rice. And serve hot!
- Not included in your box: cooking oil, salt, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, rice.