Meatballs with a Surprise, Green Salad
- Ground Beef -
- Egg - 1
- Oats or Breadcrumbs - 1/2 Cup
- Onion - 1, diced
- Chevre - A crumbling
- Garlic - 4 Cloves, Crushed
- Parley, Mint or Cilantro -
- Parmesan (optional) - 1/2 cup, grated
- Greens -
- Avocado -
- Vinaigrette with Mandarin juice -
- EVOO -
- Salt & Pepper -
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- For the meatballs, combine all ingredients, EXCEPT goat cheese into a large bowl. Mix well, but don’t over mix. Use your hands, get in there! Form the meat mixture into small meatballs, about the size of a golf ball. Using your finger, create a little indentation for the goat cheese. Stuff a small piece of goat cheese into the meat and then seal. Please on a cookie sheet and bake at 375F for about 20 minutes. Halfway through cooking, you may want to shake the pan around so the meatballs are cooked evenly. The tops should be sizzling and brown and the meat should be cooked.
- Assemble salad.
- Serve the meatballs (SURPRISE goat cheese!) with a piece of crusty bread and a spring salad.
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/