- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 finely diced zucchini
- 1 finely diced bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cheese (opt)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3–4 potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with foil liners. In a medium saucepan of salted water, bring the chopped potatoes to a boil. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes, and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the zucchini, peppers, garlic, red pepper flakes, and S&P, to taste, and cook until soft (about 5 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and herbs in a large bowl. Add the meat, breadcrumbs, cheese, 1/4 cup of ketchup and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, and cooled vegetables. Mix until combined.
- Fill each prepared muffin cup with 1/3 cup meatloaf mixture. Bake until browned, about 30 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer beat the potatoes, cream or milk, butter and salt until smooth.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip (or a resealable plastic bag with the corner cut off) with the mashed potatoes and pipe onto each cupcake.
- Serve on a cake platter.
- A quick easy tossed salad goes great with these “cupcakes.”