I love orzo, it is a really easy pasta to cook and it can be eaten at room temperature. You can also make it ahead of time, and heat it up, either in the oven or in a microwave.
- Orzo, 2 cups, cooked according to packaging instructions
- Cherry tomatoes, 1 cup, cut in half
- Black olives, 1/2 cup, pitted (optional)
- Parsley, 1/2 cup, chopped
- Garnish: arugula, or radicchio (optional)
- Basil, 3 Tbs
- Garlic, 1 clove, grated
- 1 lemon, zest
- Chili flakes, 1/2 tsp
- In a food processor, combine all basil butter ingredients and pulse all ingredients are blended. Toss the hot cooked orzo with the basil butter and season to taste with salt. Add the remaining ingredients, and garnish with arugula, or sliced radicchio Serve hot or at room termperature.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: Black Olives, Chili Flakes